The Study and Learning Skills Program (SLSS) is offered to students registered with the McBurney Disability Resource Center. Students schedule individual appointments with trained study skills specialists to discuss ways to study more effectively. The primary appointment topics include the following:
- Scheduling and time management
- Exam preparation
- Organizing papers/projects
- Dealing with procrastination
Students are provided with tips on how to be a more successful student. Materials, such as calendars and time management grids, are distributed as well.
Schedule a SLSS Appointment
- Call the McBurney Center (608)263-2741
Please let us know if you cannot attend your appointment.
Completing the SLSS pre-appointment questionnaire, particularly before your first appointment or your first appointment for a semester, helps us prepare and maximize the appointment.
SLSS Staff Fall 2021 Hours
SLSS Hours September 7 to December 15, 2021
- Mondays: 8:30 to 11:00 AM, 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- Tuesdays: 8:30 to 11:30 AM, 12:30 to 4:30 PM
- Wednesdays: 8:30 to 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM
- Fridays: 8:30 to 11:00 AM
- Tuesdays: 12:30 to 4:30 PM
- Wednesdays: 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM
- Mondays and Fridays: 8:30 to 11:00 AM
- Wednesdays: 8:30 to 10:30 AM
- Mondays : 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8:30 to 11:30 AM
By Appointment Only
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
How long are SLSS appointments?
30 or 60 minutes
Note: Only 60 minute appointments can be scheduled online.
How often can I schedule an appointment?
We find it works best to schedule enough time between appointments for you to try out the strategies. This can be every week, every other week, or once a month.
How do I get started with SLSS?
Please talk to your access consultant about a referral to SLSS.
What other academic support does UW-Madison offer?
Visit UW-Madison’s Academic Support page for suggestions.
What topics could my appointment include?
- Exam Preparation
- Reading Strategies
- Study Methods
- Time Management/Organization
For more information, contact: