Winter Break office hours (updated 1/6/2021)
- McBurney Center Access Consultants and Staff will be working remotely 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Appointments & trainings are being conducted by phone or web conference: to schedule, contact the front desk staff by phone (608)263-2741, text (608)225-7956, or email front desk.
- Picking-up or dropping-off of equipment, books, smartpen supplies, or other materials: to schedule a pick-up/drop-off outside the 702 W Johnson front door or to discuss alternative options, contact the front desk staff by phone (608)263-2741, text (608)225-7956, or email front desk.
McBurney Center COVID-19 Related Resources
- FAQ for Virtual Learning and Accessibility in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic (for students and instructors)
- Request smartpen notebooks or ink by email
Student Face Covering & COVID-19 Testing Accommodations: If you are a student requesting an accommodation related to campus face covering or Spring 2021 COVID-19 testing requirements, please complete the student application and indicate this in your application.
Welcome to the McBurney Disability Resource Center, an office within the Division of Student Affairs. We view disability as an important aspect of the diversity of UW-Madison and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive educational experience for students. We do this by partnering with students, faculty, and staff to design accessible environments and to provide academic accommodations so that students can engage, explore and participate in the Wisconsin Idea. Whether you are a student or instructor, are new to campus or are already quite familiar, have a long history of accommodations or are just exploring disability-related accommodations for the first time, we invite you to learn more about the Center and to contact us with any questions you may have.
McBurney Connect Email/Online “Faculty Notification Letters” Replacing McBurney Center VISAs Starting Summer 2018
About the Change The McBurney Center implemented a new electronic accommodation and case management system called McBurney Connect starting Summer 2018. Through McBurney Connect, students generate a Faculty Notification Letter for each class section in which they are requesting accommodations. The …
Disability and Accessibility Related Events around Campus
- February 2
- February 3
- February 9
- February 10