Before You Apply to UW-Madison
Information to Help You Plan Ahead:
- McBurney Disability Resource Center Information Session
- Opening Doors to Post-Secondary Education and Training, Planning for Life After High School: A Handbook for Students, Parents, School Counselors, Transition Coordinators
- Disability Documentation Policies: Understand how disability status is determined. Eligibility for services in high school does not guarantee eligibility at the postsecondary level.
- McBurney Services: Make sure McBurney offers the services you'll be requesting.
- Campus Accessibility Resources
- Other (Non-McBurney) Accessibility Resources: Accessible parking, paratransit, personal care assistance, etc.
- McBurney Scholarship Program / Other Financial Aid Information: Apply by April 1 for McBurney Scholarships awarded the following year!
Information on Admissions:
Other Helpful Links:
Once You are Admitted
- How to Become a McBurney Client
- Requesting Placement Test Accommodations
- Requesting SOAR Accommodations
- McBurney Orientation and Training Program for New Freshmen and Parents: For Fall Semester Incoming Freshmen
- Counseling Psychology 115, Transition to College: A Disability Perspective (1 credit)
- McBurney Ambassador Program
Contact for Questions:
Email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your question will be forwarded to the appropriate McBurney staff member.